August 3, 2021
Legal Notices & Disclaimers
Jurisdiction Limitations. This Website is intended solely for persons or entities with a qualified status residing in a jurisdiction that JOHN W. BRISTOL & CO. is currently registered (105597.pdf (sec.gov) ).
The General Data Protection Regulation (known as GDPR) affects how JOHN W. BRISTOL & CO. collects, processes or stores the personal data of anyone located within an EU country. Personal data includes information that can be found on a business card: first name, last name, job title, employer name, work address, work email, work phone number. For an individual client, JOHN W. BRISTOL & CO. also collects nonpublic personal information as part of the account opening process, including the execution of an investment advisory agreement when a social security number, date of birth; home and/or business address; phone number(s); email address(es) are required. Clients’ personal and financial data is not sold to any third party. Nor do is such information shared except when needed to maintain account(s) and process transactions that have been authorized by agreement, and to meet regulatory obligations. This information is collected by JOHN W. BRISTOL & CO.’s administrative and operations teams (“data collectors”), and may be stored in paper files; scanned and saved electronically in JOHN W. BRISTOL & CO.’s shared network; emails are stored in the network and also by the email archiving service, Global Relay for seven years; and personal data is also stored in client information systems (portfolio accounting system and contact information data base). Cybersecurity safeguards are applied to our network including continuous monitoring. Our “data collectors” treat all personal information that is collected as confidential information and JOHN W. BRISTOL & CO. holds itself to high standards in its safekeeping and use. The Chief Compliance Officer also serves as “data controller” and is responsible for the compliance program.
Qualified Status. JOHN W. BRISTOL & CO. provides a commingled fund to certain qualified clients. Qualified status means “qualified purchaser” as defined n the Investment Company Act of 1940, as amended. JOHN W. BRISTOL & CO. must be advised in the event that there is any change in the status of an individual’s or entity’s qualification as a “qualified purchaser.” Participation in JOHN W. BRISTOL & CO.’s commingled fund is made on the basis of the applicable offering documents and information on this site does not constitute an offer to issue or sell, nor solicit an offer to subscribe or purchase, interests in JOHN W. BRISTOL & CO.’s fund. The interests may not be offered in any jurisdiction in which such offer or solicitation is not authorized.
No Recommendation. Nothing in the Website should be construed as a solicitation or offer, or recommendation, to acquire or dispose of any investment or to engage in any other transaction.
Past Performance. PAST PERFORMANCE IS NOT AN INDICATION OF FUTURE PERFORMANCE. The value of investments may fall as well as rise and investors may not get back the amount invested.
Forward-Looking Statements. Statements made on our Website that look forward in time involve risks and uncertainties and are forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such risks and uncertainties include, without limitation, the adverse effect of a decline in the securities markets or a decline in JOHN W. BRISTOL & CO.’s products’ performance, a general downturn in the economy, competition from other companies, changes in government policy or regulation, inability of JOHN W. BRISTOL & CO. to attract or retain key employees, inability of JOHN W. BRISTOL & CO. to implement its operating strategy and acquisition strategy, inability of JOHN W. BRISTOL & CO. to manage rapid expansion and unforeseen costs and other effects related to legal proceedings or investigations of governmental and self-regulatory organizations. Further, not all securities, products or services described are available in all countries, and nothing on this site constitutes an offer or solicitation of these securities, products or services in any jurisdiction where their offer or sale is not qualified or exempt from registration.
- DISCLAIMER. The Website is designed for information purposes only, and you acknowledge that you are solely responsible for the use of it. While JOHN W. BRISTOL & CO. will take reasonable care that the content on the Website is accurate, complete and up-to-date, JOHN W. BRISTOL & CO. does not guarantee and makes no representation or warranty that the content and/or facilities available or accessible via the Website are accurate, complete or up-to-date or that access to it will be uninterrupted or error-free. Before you rely on information found on the Website, you must verify this information with the appropriate sources.
- Intellectual Property. The Website, including the Materials, is owned by JOHN W. BRISTOL & CO. or its licensors, and is protected under the copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws of the United States and other countries as well as by international treaties and conventions. Using, copying, or storing any portion of the Website for other than your personal informational use without our prior written consent or the relevant licensor is expressly prohibited. The logos, services marks and trademarks of JOHN W. BRISTOL & CO. are owned exclusively by us. All other trademarks, product names and company names or logos cited herein are the property of their respective owners. The Website may contain other proprietary notices and copyright information. You agree to abide by all applicable copyright, trademark and other intellectual property laws and with all additional copyright and trademark notices, information, and restrictions contained in any of the Materials.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The Materials published on the Website may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. The Website and all Materials are provided “as is,” without warranty of any kind, and we hereby disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to the Website and the Materials, including all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. We do not warrant or make any representations regarding the use or the results of the use of the Materials or with respect to their correctness, accuracy, reliability, or otherwise. We do not warrant that the Website or any Materials will be provided on an uninterrupted or error-free basis, that defects will be corrected, that the Website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components or relating to any breach of security associated with the transmission of sensitive information through the Website or any linked site. In addition, we make no representation about the suitability of the Materials for any purpose. You (and not JOHN W. BRISTOL & CO.) assume the entire cost and risk of using the Website and the Materials. Applicable law may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will we or any of our affiliates, licensors, service providers or any third party be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of or in any way connected with the use of the Website or with the delay or inability to use the Website, or for the Materials obtained through the Website, or otherwise arising out of the use of the Website, whether based on contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise, even if we and/or any such person has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Because some states/jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, the above limitation may not apply to you.
- Cookies. Cookies may be stored on your computer. By registering through this Website you will be consenting to the storage of cookies on your computer.
- Hyperlinks. From time to time the Website may also include links to other websites maintained by third parties not affiliated with us and over which we have no control. These links are provided for your convenience. They do not signify that we endorse such website. We make no warranties or representations of any kind as to the accuracy, currency, or completeness of any content contained in such third party websites and shall have no liability for any damages or injuries of any kind arising from such content or information.
If you have any questions or comments about our legal statement, please contact us.
John W. Bristol & Co. has adopted this policy with recognition that protecting the privacy and security of the personal information we obtain about our customers is an important responsibility. We also know that our customers expect us to service them in an accurate and efficient manner. To do so, we must collect and maintain certain personal information about them. We want our customers to know what information we collect and how we use and safeguard that information.
What Information We Collect
We collect certain nonpublic personal identifying information about our customers (such as their name, address, social security number, etc.) from information that they provide on applications or other forms as well as communications (electronic, telephone, written or in person) with them or their authorized representatives (such as their attorney, accountant, etc.). We also collect information about their brokerage accounts and transactions (such as purchases, sales, account balances, inquiries, etc.).
What Information We Disclose
Security of our Customers’ Information
We restrict access to our customers’ nonpublic personal information to those employees who need to know that information to service their account. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable federal or state standards to protect their nonpublic personal information.
Our policy about obtaining and disclosing information may change from time to time. We will provide our customers with notice of any material change to this policy before we implement the change.